Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Let the charting begin

I'm studying shawl and lace design with an awesome teacher right now. Her name is Sharon Winsauer. I'm going to base my shawl design around pattern #213. This is what inspired me to start charting some of these stitch patterns in more familiar symbols. The pieces of software I will be exploring to do this are:
1) Intwined Pattern Studio - a charting program for knitters
2) Inkscape - a drawing program to allow me to design additional stitch icons for the Intwined Pattern . Studio
3) StitchMastery Knitting Fonts Collection

These tools should give me everything I need plus there is a great Intwined Pattern Studio Ravelry group that I belong to and hope to interact with on this project.

Keep watching the blog and I'll update you soon.  Our lace group will be meeting in E Lansing on Monday and I will share some ideas with them.  There feedback is always thought provoking and awesome.

No comments: