Saturday, August 6, 2011

2 into 2 knitted swatch (star stitch)

Well, I can't really tell the difference between the two.  I like the look of the 2><2 on the bottom but the 2)(2 on the top seemed easier to knit.  It could be the color of my yarn, the way I blocked it or some other variable that doesn't lend itself to defining the stitch very well.  If I can find my white lace weight yarn, I'll knit it on bigger needles and in a lighter color.  Did anyone knit a swatch they would like me to post?
     

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Before you get discouraged by the lack of comments, I want to thank you for doing this! Clarifying how to make the stitches and how to chart them in more "conventional" ways is super-helpful. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test-knit for you! I'm one of the slow knitters...

Mary in A2 said...

Take your time. I am just doing this for myself mostly. I'm glad to hear from anyone who is interested in Estonian knitting. Thank you for your comment, Louisa